Once you have a landscape design in place that your happy with, its then time to commence the landscape construction phase of the project.
The landscape construction process is usually the lengthiest, but most exciting stage of the process. It is where you’ll see your new garden come to life, however there is an order in which things need to happen.
Step 1 Permits – Depending upon your project, generally the first step is to obtain a building permit. A permit is needed for structural items such as a deck of any size, a retaining wall over 1 metre, a retaining wall of any size on the boundary and a pergola over 10 square metres in roof area. We’ve successfully applied for many permits over the years. We can take care of this entire tedious process for you.
Step 2 Excavation – Once permits have been obtained we start to construct! The next stage of the process is excavation. Digging all the footings, post and stump holes and clearing unwanted vegetation. This stage alone generally makes a huge difference.
Step 3 Foundations – Pouring concrete footings for walls, concreting stumps and posts into position and concreting foundations for paved areas generally follows excavation. At this stage items such as lighting, irrigation or even a front gate intercom need to be thought about.
Step 4 Construction Hardscape – Once all the foundations are complete we start to build walls and construct the garden followed by laying paving. All the hard surfaces are installed at this stage, concrete paths, driveways, fencing, brick work, decks, pergolas and paving.
Step 5 Plants, Soil and Mulch – Is the final stage of the process. This is where blended soil is imported and spread over garden beds. Irrigation is hooked up and installed. Plants are planted and mulch is applied to the beds. Things such as lighting, irrigation and turf are also installed at this stage.
The landscape services we provide include but aren’t limited to the following:
- Paving – Natural stone including bluestone and granite.
- Decking – Merbau, Spotted Gum or Composite
- Retaining Walls – Sleeper walls, Gabion walls, Boulder embankments concrete block rendered walls or natural stone.
- Concreting – Driveways, paths, civil retaining walls, benches and disabled ramps.
- Pergolas – Louvre systems or pitched roof plastered with fans and lighting.
- Lawn – Seeded, instant or artificial turf.
- Plants – Full planting service including mulching.
- Irrigation – Fully automatic irrigation systems installed.
- Garden Lighting – Up lights beneath trees, strip lighting underneath bench seats or festoon lights in trees. We provide full installation.